Saturday, April 30, 2011

NetCAT 7.0 Experience


 NetCAT 7.0 Experience was the most wonderful experience I ever had. I came to know about this program through NUG nagpur. When I first heard about this program, I was very excited to be a part of this program. I always used netbeans for developing programs. Netbeans is one of the best Editors for making applications easily. I was excited to know what Netbeans team do to make such a great product. So all this excitement pulled me towards NetCAT.

                      The NetCAT program was coordinated by Jiri Kovalsky. He is a great coordinator and managed the entire program very well. He gives credit even for the small contribution made by the participants. Every week, jiri publishes the weekly report containing the activities of the week. It feels great to have our name mentioned in the weekly report describing the contributions made. Here is one of the status report by jiri : Status report 12 .

                    I was a part of the API support Tribe, headed by Tushar Joshi sir. Tushar sir managed the tribe well. Here we had to test the netbeans platform. The test cases were divided among all the tribe members. I tested TS_61_project  test specification & the report of the tests were TS_61 result.
                  Apart from testing the test specifications there were several other tasks which I did which includes review of documentation, verifying the fixed bugs, reporting other bugs which I encountered while developing other applications.

Bugs Filed : 
 I had filed 14 bugs in this program. Some of them were :

 All the activities which were done by the participants contained some CAT points. The tasks included : emails sent over the mailing list, number of bugs filed, rfes, documentation review, completion of survey. These CAT points were earned by each of the participants. Based on these CAT points, all participants were ranked accordingly. I am glad that i was ranked 4th among all the 119 participants :) .The ranking of all the participants can be viewd here : NetCAT ranking.

            I was even nominated as the best team member by the Netbeans team for Extensive help with Java ME tutorials check for NB 7.0 

This was my first experience for the NetCAT and it was really the best experience so far. Well whatever I have achieved was not possible without the help of Tushar Joshi sir. I was totally new to this program and whenever I had doubt regarding anything, I contacted him, and sir happily guided me. With great experience in this program, i am looking forward for the next NetCAT .

No comments:

Post a Comment